Views
Helpful
Replies

[Catalyst 9115] - Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) configuration

gregory1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I own a C9115 with EWC and would like to configure a DFS channel thru the web interface. I've only 2 choices for the configuration on AP 5GHz

1) Custom -> Manually select channel (non DFS channels)

2) Global -> Automated channel selection but only non DFS channels assigned.

Does sb know how to force AP to select a DFS channel? My goal is to do a EN301893 regulatory testing (of a connected client) by sending a radar pattern to the AP. This one should move to another DFS frequency and force the client to do the same. I used to do that test with an older Cisco AP (broken) which had a feature to select a DFS channel.

Thanks for your help  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes exact, it's needed to wait 1 minute for the DFS frequency scan (in case of radar is already transmitted on the same freq.). But even after several minutes I still couldn't see the requested frequency.

I finally found the solution. It's needed to select in the RRM config, the "DCA channels" in the Channel List (screenshot below).By default it's on "All channels".

DFS5.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

RF profile and remove all channels but one you want to test against and the fall back channel

and assign that RF Tag with that profile in it to the AP

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

I created a new RF profile and RF tag assigned in the AP but still the same. When I edit the 5GHz radio I still see the channel 36 that should not be present anymore.

See below the screenshots of my setup. Please tell me if I did something wrong.

1) Add RF/Radio profile, removed all channels except 64 and 100

DFS1.PNG 2) Create new Tag and assign previously created RF profile

DFS2.PNG

3) Assign DFS tag to into the AP

DFS3.PNG

4) Channel 36 is still here when select "Global" in RF channel assignment

DFS4.PNG

Thanks

DCA usually runs every x minutes (not sure how much on EWC), you probably need to wait until that was run and has switched the AP to the allowed channel. Not sure though, as I don't have an EWC device here. 

Yes exact, it's needed to wait 1 minute for the DFS frequency scan (in case of radar is already transmitted on the same freq.). But even after several minutes I still couldn't see the requested frequency.

I finally found the solution. It's needed to select in the RRM config, the "DCA channels" in the Channel List (screenshot below).By default it's on "All channels".

DFS5.PNG

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card