cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing starting and ending ip address in C9800 wlc dhcp

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cannot change dhcp ip starting and ending ip address. I want to change starting ip address and ending ip address. After changing it to make the range smaller, and click on Update & Save to Device successfully. however, when click on the new created dhcp server, I can the original starting and ending ip address are still there. Why it happen? Thanks

zshowip_0-1679342547234.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure i am not able to simulate the issue on WLC 9800 :

try command level :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/dhcp-for-wlans.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look at impact of your commands by taking diffs on the running-config (before after ->with the CLI) , then subsequent use of the CLI and changing running config 'manually' (not with GUI) , may be easier to achieve what you need , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure i am not able to simulate the issue on WLC 9800 :

try command level :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/dhcp-for-wlans.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look at impact of your commands by taking diffs on the running-config (before after ->with the CLI) , then subsequent use of the CLI and changing running config 'manually' (not with GUI) , may be easier to achieve what you need , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you!

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I've just tested on 17.9.3 and when I change it then Update and Apply it works correctly so the question is what version are you using?  It might also be a browser issue.

You're a regular poster so you should know by now to quote the model and software version you're working with.

Personally I would just use CLI to configure DHCP - quicker and easier and simpler.

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

@Rich R you are right. and I agree with you. this should not be a problem. My version is 17.9.2. I also do not think it is software issue. The reason why i brought the question is to further confirm my thought and find if there is other issue. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card