cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-AIR-LAP1252 version with LCD Display?

DilonNJ
Level 1
Level 1

I used Google Lens to find that this Access Point is probably a Cisco-AIR-LAP1252 related model. But they do not have the LCD display like this one has.

I don't want to pull this down and damage ceiling tiles, if I don't have to.

Can someone help me identify the correct model?

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh my gosh you all are right. I looked at my own picture again, zoomed in... and the blue tape seemed so perfectly placed, I just assumed it was an LCD screen. But now I realize ... it's just blue tape haha. Stupid me.

Thanks all for letting me know!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi, as per your attached image it is cisco 1252 AP and its EOL announced. in your image i see 3 LEDs are same as in 1252 model. i guess blue colour strip is Name tag sticker. are you sure it is LCD?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/obsolete/wireless/cisco-aironet-1250-series.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

The blue strip is not a name tag, it's an LCD display, so I don't think this is exactly a 1252, as they do not have the LCD.

If you zoom into the picture, you'll see the LCD reads: "VILLAGERS_GUEST_2" (one of the SSID's) and then a MAC Address.

Any further help would be appreciated, to narrow down the model.

i have never seen cisco AP with LCD display is there any chance that login to AP or console to it? to get serial number?

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AP is a 1252 and that is not an LCD but a blue sticker.  

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Agreed with @Kasun Bandara and @Leo Laohoo - I have never seen, or heard of, a Cisco AP with an LCD display.  I am quite sure that is a blue label not an LCD. Cisco APs use LED colours and flashing sequence to signal AP status.

So that definitely looks like a 1252 and if you want to be 100% sure then look at the controller or if it's autonomous then log in to the AP and do a "show ver" and "show inventory". No need to "pull this down and damage ceiling tiles".  Anyway if you want to take it down you simply unclip it from the mounting bracket - shouldn't be any damage required - unless someone has done something stupid like gluing it in place there.

Oh my gosh you all are right. I looked at my own picture again, zoomed in... and the blue tape seemed so perfectly placed, I just assumed it was an LCD screen. But now I realize ... it's just blue tape haha. Stupid me.

Thanks all for letting me know!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card