cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 9115AXI EWC Lobby Admin user error when login

jose palacios
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am setting up a guest network on a EWC with a Catalyst 9115AXI AP, software version 17.9.4a

Guest user works good, but when I try to log in with a Lobby Admin user, an error is shown. In the Access Point log, there is a log message confirming that the user logged in correctly, so this is not a credentials issue.

Error message:

Error Lobby Admin.png

Login successful log message:

error Lobby Admin 2.png

I did not find in the product limitations any mention about lobby admin on the configuration guide for EWC or the release notes. Also used the step-by-step Lobby Ambassador configuration guide for the Catalyst 9800 WLC and I spotted some commands are not available in the EWC, increasing my concerns.

If anyone can confirm if it is not possible to use lobby admin users on EWCs or if I am missing some file to load on flash or any configuration, please let me know. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try different browser and see if that works ? clear the cache and test it

you can not have all that expect to run in EWC vs WLC 9800 ( document might have mentioned clear limitation when you using EWC vs cat 9800.

if not you may be hiiting the bug as mentioned below thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/lobby-ambassador-can-t-log-in/m-p/4962869

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try different browser and see if that works ? clear the cache and test it

you can not have all that expect to run in EWC vs WLC 9800 ( document might have mentioned clear limitation when you using EWC vs cat 9800.

if not you may be hiiting the bug as mentioned below thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/lobby-ambassador-can-t-log-in/m-p/4962869

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello @balaji.bandi Thank you very much for your help. The bug report you shared was the root cause.

I upgraded to 17.13.1 and the issue is gone.

LobbyAdminSuccess.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card