Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco embedded wireless controller multicast enable

FCE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

I have a Cisco AP model C9120AXI-E with embedded wireless controller v17.3.1 .

Does anyone know how I can enable multicast on cisco embedded wireless controller or is there any way to enable it?

Thanks for any help

12 Replies 12

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think its similar to 9800 series WLC:

Navigate to:  Configuration > Services > Multicast

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

FCE
Level 1
Level 1

unfortunately the option is not available in the menu

2021-11-23 13_59_26-cisco__ Cisco C9120AXI-E - Dashboard.png

Regards

can you try from CLI, using this command:

AP(config)# wireless multicast

Thanks other idea ?

I have tried and is enabled but there is something missing and does not work 

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All the EWC AP's are in Flex mode, so you need to enable multicast routing at your switch level or upstream devices (Client is bridged to the AP). 

multicast is enabled in my switch.

if did not understand correctly , do you have an instructions or  a youtube video for it ?

I have tried different software versions also with 17.06.01b it does not work too

Yeah I'm pretty sure that EWC doesn't support the full multicast stack yet. There might be some undocumented features in the CLI, but I think only the stuff in my previously linked document is available.

yes you're right

I could not find anything on the internet

Rich R
VIP
VIP

According to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/feature-matrix/ap-feature-matrix.html#_Toc87523896 EWC and WLC should have multicast feature parity for flexconnect so if it's not working it's a bug and you'll need a TAC case.

Regarding the GUI - make sure you login as admin - I've seen some menu's disappear when not using the admin user even though the user should have all/max priv (I think it's a bug but haven't bothered to look into it any deeper).

Thank you for your search,

I am logged in as admin but I can't find the multicast option under service and in the CLI the the known commands don't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card