Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless 802.11ac Solution for Small Business

Zohaib Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As we are looking for to deploy a Cisco Wireless Solution. We have to deploy in a Small Business Environment. What solution we can choose, our requirement is 6 Access Points which can support 802.11AC as well to achieve maximum data rate.

Can any body suggest how we can achieve this target.

13 Replies 13

Hi Zohaib,

Do you have a limit for your budget? You may want to look at Cisco WAP 371.

Here is the link for your reference.

(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-300-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-732143.html)

So I can help you with more information and pricing, please send me an email at (alyreyes@ciso.com).

Hope this helps and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Alyza

Alyza thanks.  I will check in detail. these are autonomous APs and Lightweight. If these are autonomous APs they will work standalone??/

Don't bother with standalone. If you really want AC, then let's get to the chase. Cisco has a package deal when you buy either two 1702's, 2702's and or 3702's and you can get a 2504 with I believe a 25 ap license if I'm correct. So go with a controller base solution an not standalone access points. Now it's up to you and your budget, but if you want AC and ease of management, fast roaming and other features you will not get from standalone, you need to spend the money. Talk to your Cisco SE or your Cisco partner about this promotion. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott, I haven't heard about this deal where you get a 2504 with the purchase of 2 APs. Do you have a recommended partner to reach out to? I have done business with PCM before which I believe is a Cisco Authorized retailer, but I haven't ever purchased Cisco from them. 

Well CDW is a Cisco Gold Partner:)  This promotion is to compete with Aruba instant. 

-Scott

-Scott

Then I'll reach out to CDW. Any particular contact @ CDW you'd recommend (like yourself)? I'm very interesting in the current wireless offerings from Cisco. 

Where are you based out of. It depends on who covers that area.  

-Scott

-Scott

Columbus, Ohio. 

Send me an email and I will see whom can help you. 

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Zohaib,

Yes, that is correct. The WAP371 will also work standalone. Scott is also right about discussing this with a Cisco Partner or reseller. Please email me directly (alyreyes@cisco.com) so I can assist you further.

Regards,

Alyza

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have to deploy in a Small Business Environment. What solution we can choose, our requirement is 6 Access Points which can support 802.11AC as well to achieve maximum data rate.

Won't make any difference.  What speed is your internet WAN?  802.11ac Wave 1 can, potentially, push up to 1.2 Gbps.  Do you have an internet gateway with this large pipe?  What about your LAN, from the switch to the core?  Do you have 10 Gbps (or more) all the way?  

802.11ac is a "nice to have" feature but common-sense means it ain't going to happen to about 99% of the business because the LAN/WAN links cannot cope with Wave 1/Wave 2 speed.

We have 500 mbps WAN link and backbone link are 10Gbps and access link are 1Gbps. 

Ok.  So do the maths.  If 802.11ac Wave 1 can do, in theory, around 1.3 Gbps, then how many 802.11ac wireless users will it take to staturate your 10 Gbps LAN uplink and/or swamp your 500 Mbps WAN link. 

PS:  I've got 10 Gbps WAN link.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card