cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure embedded WiFi AP on Cisco 1111-4PWE

radiomean1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sorry for more questions but my head is spinning trying to configure the embedded AP on my Cisco 1111-4PWE.

I have reset it and can access the AP console. I have setup a DHCP pool (with the option 43 and the IP address in hex).

I've tried to correctly setup Vlan for data to the AP and a management IP but when I now login to the AP I continually get the message:

Waiting for preferred uplink IP configuration

Obviously the AP is not getting an IP. Can someone post (or PM me) a full config so I can see what I'm doing wrong. What is annoying is I've previously setup 1941W and 800 series routers with APs, but this C1111 seems rather different! The AP is in 'Mobility Express' mode, which as I understand it is 'standalone' and that's what I need...

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review and or use this guide : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/isr1100/software/configuration/xe-17/isr1100-sw-config-xe-17/configuring_wifi6.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

OK, thanks. It is actually much easier than I was trying to do - pretty stupid to try to apply the 1941w instructions to the C1111. I've done the three relatively simple steps and am now connected to the wireless. Not yet fully working but I think it is largely done, thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review and or use this guide : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/isr1100/software/configuration/xe-17/isr1100-sw-config-xe-17/configuring_wifi6.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

OK, thanks. It is actually much easier than I was trying to do - pretty stupid to try to apply the 1941w instructions to the C1111. I've done the three relatively simple steps and am now connected to the wireless. Not yet fully working but I think it is largely done, thanks again.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you already have exiting thread why not follow the same :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/isr-ap1100ac-password-reset-embedded-wireless-ap/m-p/5152679#M273841

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

To address your reasonable comment, to my mind my request was sufficiently different to merit starting a new thread (and might have got lost in the noise). Thanks for your responses, anyway!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card