Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Internal DHCP on 2504 Controller for 2nd SSID and

Arshi Jamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using 2504 controller with number of APs. single SSID is published and a service port is used for Internet connectivity without VLAN tagging. APs and clients are getting IPs from external MS based DHCP server.

Now, I want to configure another SSID which should route traffic to internet from 2nd service port and clients of this particular SSID should get IP address from internal DHCP server.

Please advise how I can configure 2504 controller?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Same way as you cread old SSID :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/113034-2500-deploy-guide-00.html

here is high level i follow :

1. If the SVI created on Switch associated to WLAN, and in trunk port

2. you need to create new VLAN and SVI on Switch, allow in trunk port for the new SSID

3. new WLAN and associated with vlan

4. DHCP scope on DHCP Server

5. ip helper address in SVI

Hope you have to take routing place to reach new SSID  to other resources required.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji for your response. You are very right and I have no issue up till the point you mentioned. But I do not want to use external DHCP server but Internal DHCP server (Controller's internal) for this 2nd SSID.

You can do based on the requirement, so configfure as per your needs. i would always suggest to external DHCP as suggested.

BB

I have tried configuring local DHCP in controller but clients of 2nd SSID are not getting IP address from this DHCP. Please guide how I can link local configured DHCP with 2nd SSID?

where is your Layer3 Gateway Located ?

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card