cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connectivity problem with 3 BR350 bridges, need help.

lvdlugt
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

Yesterday i installed a bridged link as follows:

lan-br350A(nonroot)-yagi-> 1,5km <-omni-br350B(nonroot)-> 0,5km <-yagi-br350C(root)-lan

When testing i experienced the following strange behaviour:

ping from A to B looks o.k. for abt 1 or 2 minutes, then no reply for about 3 to 5 minutes then reply o.k. again..

signal strength is about 50%, power 50mW

This happens as well on 5 as 11 MB, i tried different radio-channels, this makes no difference.

To rule out different subjects, i disabled wep and mac-address filters

The SSID's are the same on all 3 br350's, software version is 11.21

the logfile on A has the following messages:

associated to parent (macaddress)

lost authentication with parent

deauthenticating (macaddress), reason not authenticated.

I need some guidance as what to try next to solve this...

Lex van der Lugt

PQR

lvdl@pqr.nl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

From your post, it appears as if you have a non-root trying to associate to another non-root; non-roots only associate to roots, unless this has changed.

I would try making the location in the middle the root, and the two ends non-root.

Past that, what are your distances between locations? If your national regulations allow, you can try bumping the power up to 100mW.

Also, you might want to run a radio carrier (diagnostic) test to see if you've got any interference issues. Do this on each bridge; you have to temporarily set them to root units to access this test.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

From your post, it appears as if you have a non-root trying to associate to another non-root; non-roots only associate to roots, unless this has changed.

I would try making the location in the middle the root, and the two ends non-root.

Past that, what are your distances between locations? If your national regulations allow, you can try bumping the power up to 100mW.

Also, you might want to run a radio carrier (diagnostic) test to see if you've got any interference issues. Do this on each bridge; you have to temporarily set them to root units to access this test.

Good luck.

sameer_azam
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i had come across the same problem and i after one dasy i was able to solve the problem but before tell u the soloution i want to tell u that

you should put the OMNI ANTENNA BRIDGE in the middle as a ROOT BRIDGE so that every other no root should associate to it.

Any way the solution is to disable the Spanning tree on all non root bridges .

The behaviour of the ping is not cause of the BAD LINK instead it is SPANNING TREE whichis causing the problem.

Do tell me whether u able to solve the problem or not .

my e-mail is

sameer@nit.uae.net

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card