cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVE-2023-20076 and AireOS APs

Noora
Level 1
Level 1

I got an e-mail Thursday that my 2800 APs are affected by CVE-2023-20076. They are all LAPs, managed by a 9800 WLC. I contacted Cisco TAC and the technician confirmed that despite my APs being behind a WLC, they are still vulnerable to this CVE. My questions is:

Is it the OS version of the WLC I have to look at in this case, or the OS that the APs are running? I was asked by the Cisco TAC to get the information from the AP and not the WLC, which leads me to believe that is the AP version that matters. But that version isn't listed on the vulnerable OS list.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Lightweight APs always get their software from the WLC so the answer is always the WLC software, SMUs and APSPs.

You didn't bother to mention what version of software your WLC is running but the fix is in the below releases (and later):
So upgrade to whichever version is appropriate for your environment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Noora wrote:
Is it the OS version of the WLC I have to look at in this case, or the OS that the APs are running? 

Read Cisco IOx Application Hosting Environment Command Injection Vulnerability & scroll down to Fixed Releases section of the bulletin.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Lightweight APs always get their software from the WLC so the answer is always the WLC software, SMUs and APSPs.

You didn't bother to mention what version of software your WLC is running but the fix is in the below releases (and later):
So upgrade to whichever version is appropriate for your environment.

Thank you Rich!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card