cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dell DW1501 and WIN7 64 bit

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

I have some users getting new laptops that thave a Dell DW1501 half card adapter that is giving me problems connecting to the wireless.  Runnning 7.0.116 on the WLC and 1252 APs.  Using WPA2-PSK and the clients show they are associated and authenticated in WLC.  They get an IP via DHCP OK but coan't get beyond the controller.  If I ping an address for their VLAN on the controller it is OK, but if I try to ping their gateway I get no response and don't get an ARP entry.  This same WLAN works fine for 32 bit XP clients with a variety of wirless cards.  These new laptops get onto other (non-cisco) wireless just fine.  They sow they have the latest drivers from the Dell site so I don't believe that should be an issue.

The basic management logs don't show any issues but I haven't gotten to the point of trying any debugs yet and I'm not sure where to look for sure.  An y ideas or experience would be great.

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

to find this, you'd have to run a capture of the WLC port, then parse it down for the mac address of one of the devices that is having an issue.  Debugs won't show client traffic passing, or in this case, not passing.

it's possible the traffic is passing, and just not being decrypted, or getting lost elsewhere.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card