Views
Helpful
Replies

Directional antenna compatible with the C9124AXE series AP

LEIM3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am currently selecting an external directional antenna compatible with the C9124AXE series AP. My requirements are:

1.Dual-port antenna
2.Operating temperature greater than or equal to 60℃
3.Works in the 5GHz band
4.Antenna gain greater than 10dBi, preferably up to 13dBi

However, I checked the list of supported antennas in the C9124AXE installation guide and did not find any antennas that meet my requirements. What should I do? Can I choose an antenna outside the list of antennas supported by the C9124AXE?

3 Replies 3

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

The Catalyst 9124AXE Access Point is certified for use with antenna gains up to 13 dBi (2.4 GHz and 5GHz).

AIR-ANT2513P4M-N=

Cisco Aironet Four-Port Dual-Band Polarization-Diverse Array Antenna

AIR-ANT2513P4M-NS=

Cisco Aironet Four-Port Dual-Band Polarization-Diverse ArrayAntenna, Self-Identifying

Ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/9124ax/install-guide/b-hig-9124ax/hardware-features.html#supported_external_antennas

The above listed antenna's have 4 x N-Female Bulkhead connectors and antenna don't come with low-loss coax cable. So you need to order it separately.

Non-Cisco Antennas

Cisco does not support any third-party antennas. RF connectivity and compliance of third party antennas is the user’s responsibility. Cisco does not recommend any third-party antennas, and Cisco Technical Assistance Center will not be able to provide any support for third-party antennas. Cisco’s FCC Part 15 compliance is only guaranteed with Cisco antennas or antennas that are of the same design and gain as Cisco antennas.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm looking for an antenna with two RF ports, and the antenna you recommended has four RF ports.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

I misunderstood the dual-port requirement.

The following antennas meet your requirements, except for the operating temperature. Antenna's operating temperature range is -40 to 55°C.

AIR-ANT5114P2M-N=

Cisco Aironet 5–GHz 14–dBi Directional Antenna

AIR-ANT5114P2M-NS=

Cisco Aironet 5–GHz 14–dBi Directional Antenna, Self-Identifying

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant5114p2m-n.html

Jagan Chowdam

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card