cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disclaimer Page for AiroNet 1142n

jshircel
Level 1
Level 1

How do I have a disclaimer page appear for all users connecting to my Cisco Aironet 1142 wireless access point.  I would like for all users to then click "I accept terms and conditions" prior to be granted access to the internet.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

If we are using the AP in Autonomous mode then there is no way to do it.. if its a controller code, then we can do it..

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

If we are using the AP in Autonomous mode then there is no way to do it.. if its a controller code, then we can do it..

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately the AP is in Autonomous mode.  It looks like I will need to re-think how to display a disclaimer page for public wifi. If anyone has any suggestions, I would gladly welcome them.

From the GUI under General Settings there is an option to "Enable IP Redirection on this SSID."

Enable IP Redirection on this SSID

When you configure IP redirection for an SSID, the access point redirects all packets sent from client devices associated to that SSID to a specific IP address. You can redirect all packets from client devices associated using an SSID or redirect only packets directed to specific TCP or UDP ports. When you configure the access point to redirect only packets addressed to specific ports, the access point redirects those packets from clients using the SSID and drops all other packets from clients using the SSID.

I would assume then that you could redirect the traffic to a web proxy or some other service.

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/wireless/access_points/online_help/eag/123-08.JA/1100/h_ap_sec_ap-client-security.html

Please rate this post if you find it to be useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card