cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EWC 9120AXI WiFi issue

fficcadenti
Level 1
Level 1

I have an EWC deployed with about ten 9120AXI APs with firmware 17.09.04a. I have configured several WiFi networks, each tagged on different VLANs. When I restart the EWC or the core switch, which is the gateway for all VLANs associated with the WiFi networks, including the management VLAN, it becomes impossible to connect. The error message that appears when trying to connect is "Wrong PSK". To solve the problem, I have to access each WLAN profile and, without changing the configuration, click on "Update & Apply to Device".

Furthermore, I don't know if it is related to the above problem, but from time to time I receive the following errors:

Alert stack_mgr Feb 24 17:28:20 CET: %STACKMGR-1-DUAL_ACTIVE_CFG_MSG: Chassis 2 R0/0: stack_mgr: Dual Active Detection links are not available anymore
Critical APName Feb 24 17:28:10 CET: %QUEUE-2-LINKED : Chassis 2 Bad queue_enqueue of ab1f0d3c in queue aaf99cb4
Critical *Feb 24 16:22:36.033: %QUEUE-2-LINKED : Chassis 1 Bad queue_enqueue of ab878a6c in queue ab621d8c
Alert stack_mgr *Feb 24 16:22:23.383: %STACKMGR-1-DUAL_ACTIVE_CFG_MSG: Chassis 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Dual Active Detection links are not available anymore

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwe21876
                (Corrected reply) : Further Problem DescriptionThis is no functional impact

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Adding (2) : so when it seems impossible to connect ; the reason must be somewhere else.
                         You can analyze this with client debugging according to : https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800ClientConnectivity
            You can have client debugs (so called RadioActive Traces) analyzed with : Wireless Debug Analyzer

Important : have a checkup of the EWC based controller with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into :
                                                                                                                            Wireless Config Analyzer

These commands can also be useful : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217738-monitor-catalyst-9800-kpis-key-performa.html#anc5

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

fficcadenti
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick response.

I will rebooting the switches and try the wireless debug analyzer as soon as possibile.

In the meanwhile, attached is the screenshot of the wireless debug analyzer. I guess there are some things that definitely need to be fixed but others are just fine. However, I cannot find a link between the problem above and, if present, between one of the reported errors/warnings.

Any suggestions?

>...In the meanwhile, attached is the screenshot of the wireless debug analyzer.
                - As a rule of thumb ; note that all errors red flagged should be corrected (first!)

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Not really enough info to say but  few possibilities ....
- Loss of all connectivity for the AP (core switch) is a fairly fundamental failure - not sure how you expect anything to work in that scenario?
- Make sure the WLANs are configured for all local (auth, switching, DHCP) functions so that nothing relies on WLC
- Make sure they aren't all becoming active EWC (I would have everything except EWC as CAPWAP mode)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card