Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex connect Understanding

Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

image.png

As i am new to Flex connect /WiFi, i was trying to understand flex connect and then i found attached from official docs. My confusion, indeed security in shape of vpn in regards of remote AP's to communicate with controller in HQ. what if we have only simple ADS L connection for internet connectivity on branch office and we want secure connection between flex connect AP's and HQ wireless controller. what are the options to connect securely flex connect AP's and Controllers and how we can connect them even over simple internet. 

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We recommending Site to Site VPN  or MPLS connection for this feature.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Thank for the reply. That is what mention in cisco doc for recommendation as i mention i am new to this but what if we don't have site to site vpn or MPLS i mean what if we have only flat internet connection and required flexconnect need to manage or from remote WLC ? what are options for that ?

Hi,

As another option as NAT (1:1), on the WLC side, you can have only 1:1 (Static NAT) configured and the external NAT IP address configured on dynamic AP management interface(Not sure all WLC is supporting to this feature).  PAT cannot be configured on the WLC side because LAPs cannot respond to WLCs if the ports are translated to ports other than 5246 or 5247, which are meant for control and data messages.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Check the OEAP feature, that might be what you are looking for.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card