cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP issues

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have 2 1130's and 1 1240 that I am trying to configure locally switching on.  The 1240 seems fine.  But the 1130's, when ever I put them in h-reap mode, when the APs come back up and re-join the controller, the radios report they are administratively up but operationally down.

All APs are getting an IP via DHCP just fine.  All APs are on Access Ports (non cisco switches).  I just want the 1130's to operate like an autonomous AP would and locally switch traffic on the WLAN they are serving.  I am not sure why the radios go down.  If I switch them back to local mode, they come up.....sometimes.  I am not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue.   Running 7.0.98 on my WLC.

1 Reply 1

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

ok, I figured this one out!  It all had to do with PoE!  I had to go to the CLI of the controller so I could look at logs from the AP that would power down its radios.  Well, it was thinking.... via CDP, that it didn't have enough power so it would power down its radio.  So, I had to enable pre-standard Poe or just turn CDP off and we are up and going.  The switches are HP switches that licensed CDP v1 from Cisco and I am using power injectors.

Glad that is over!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card