Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enable 100mbps speed on cisco wlc 2504 with 3600 ap

veeramani Gopal
Level 1
Level 1

HI

i have cisco wlc 2504 connected with cisco 3600 ap,now the customer required n bandwidth speed ,but in wlc am not able to enable n bandwidth for ssid.

in radio policy of ssid also n bandwitdh is not showing,only this bandwidth showing a/g,g,b/g, and all

Please help on this on urgent basis

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes the data rate will not exceed 54Mbps when WEP or TKIP encryption is configured as unicast key. radio policy of ssid will not show N as a radio policy you need to enable it globaly. is your client N capable? you do not need to upgrade to get N speed on your network.

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080a3443f.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

bashir.rabbani
Level 4
Level 4

you need to go to wireless>802.11a/n>High Throughput (802.11n) and enable 11n mode. Also do this under radio 802.11b/g/n.

Regards

Bashirhow to enable 100mbps speed on cisco wlc 2504 with 3600 ap

rdvorak
Level 1
Level 1

WLAN must be open or with AES encryption to get 802.11n rates

i did both the things after that also am not able to do,

currently am having

(7.2.103.0) this version ios whether do i need to upgrade this tolatest one ?

Please help on urgent basis

Veeramani.G

Yes the data rate will not exceed 54Mbps when WEP or TKIP encryption is configured as unicast key. radio policy of ssid will not show N as a radio policy you need to enable it globaly. is your client N capable? you do not need to upgrade to get N speed on your network.

ok let me upgrade ,i will get back to u

Just to add... Your client must support 802.11N. There is no need to upgrade your WLC because that version is capable of 802.11N standard. Like mentioned, this is what you need in order to see 144mbps on the 2.4ghz an up to 300mbps on the 5ghz.

Open or wpa2/aes

WMM enabled on the WLAN SSID

40 MHz channel width on the 5ghz DCA

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080a3443f.shtml

-Scott

Hi issue now solved after upgrade and after changing country code

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: