cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to place a WAP into Maintenance State in Cisco WCS

corsair1969
Level 1
Level 1

I presently have a WAP offline and WCS continually alerts that the WAP Radio interfaces are down.

I am logged into WCS with Admin priveleges, but if I select the WAP and opt to place the WAP into Maintenance State so as to suppress the alarms, WCS reports back "Permission Denied - You do not have privileges for the requested operation."

The WAP is operating LWAPP

What is causing the denial ? Any suggestions please.

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

thanks for that answer ! Feel free to set the discussion as answerd because that is the reason of that problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

choiwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the version of WCS you're running? I've found few bugs where the Super user don't have the correct permission so you might want to search for the issues around this area

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Version if WCS is 7.0.172.0

The account I'm logging in with is granted Admin level. Are you advising that Super User Privilege level is required to place a WAP in maintenance mode ?  How does the Super User Priv level get assigned if logging in against a TACACS server ?

Hello Guys,

got the same Problem over here 7.0.172.0 - Radius gives Root rights (copy+paste from the AAA Page) and i'll get permission denied back from the WCS if i want to put an AP in maintenence state. With local Root User its possible. I think cisco has a bug here in their levels.

Thanks for feedback

Hi,

The problem has been identified and is a bug in the latest version of WCS being 7.0.172.0

According the Cisco, the Bug is to be fix in the next version of WCS due for release later this year pending code updates for the controllers making them compatible with the new version of WCS. Details of the Bug can be found here :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq83879

Anyway, to place the WAP in Maintenance State, you will need to change your WCS AAA settings via Administration>>AAA Mode and set to Local. Proceed then via a second IE session to log into WCS using the Root username and Password and place the WAP in Maintenance State. Following placing the WAP in Maintenance State, change your AAA Mode back to TACACS+ or RADIUS with fallback to local.

Regards

Hi David,

thanks for that answer ! Feel free to set the discussion as answerd because that is the reason of that problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card