cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need help to configure a Cisco Aironet 1200 device that I bought at a flea market

I bought last weekend a CISCO AIRONET 1200 access point device at the flea market and Im having problems configuring it. I do not know how to connect to it in order to link it to my internet router. 

I also want to mention that Im using a MAC OSX Operating System and Im also somewhat familiarised with the Terminal.

4 Replies 4

Hi

You dont actually need a terminal. usually this AP comes with the factory configuration with IP address 10.0.0.1. Just put your PC  on the same network and then open up a web browser and type http://10.0.0.1 . Login password is Cisco.

Use the express setup to config your AP, it is easier. 

This AP has only one Ethernet port, after running the express setup, plug the AP to a local Ethernet port on the router. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

How can I put the AP on the same network as my PC? 

Do I have to connect the AP to my PC with an ethernet cable during the setup?

Hi @RubenCheveresan4325 

as @Flavio Miranda said you don`t need to do too much, just to ethernet adapter and configure and IP address from the segment 10.0.0.x.

If you´re powering your AP by PoE then you need a switch. But if you're using a power adapter, then, yes you need to connect the AP directly to the computer. Please, take note about @Rasika Nayanajith wrote to. If you want you can paste the output of the "show version" command and we can tell you if you need a conversion.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***

**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

*Tu reconocimiento nos alienta a seguir participando en los foros *

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Unless that AP came up with Autonomous Image, you may not able to use it without a wireless controller (WLC), if you connect AP to switch or home modem, it should get an IP address. You can telnet to that IP address (Cisco/Cisco, if it got default credentials)

Check this post & see if you know what image it got (k9w7 or k9w8). If it got lightweight image, then you have to find autonomous image to use it standalone mode. (again software images are not freely available, pls check with the person you bought AP if they can help)

https://mrncciew.com/2012/10/20/lightweight-to-autonomous-conversion/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card