cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XE (9800) Export a list of APs via script

PWJPW
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best way to export (dump) a list of all AP's on a 9800 controller?

Is it just show ap summary ?

There are several thousand AP's and ideally I want to get an export in CSV format.

I plan to write a script to export and format as required.

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we use old days in Prime, now in DNAC, do you have DNAC or Prime in your environment

check below script may help you (not tried) - but some point i will do. ( this script get you idea how can you get the information)

https://giters.com/yijxiang/Cisco_IOS_XE_rogue

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No prime/DNA, just standalone controllers at this time.

Thanks for th script, will look¬

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the purpose of exporting the list of AP's? If you just require the AP names show ap summary is more than enough. 

If you need to view the AP tags assigned to AP use show ap tag summary. Again it depends on what information you need capture and export. Below are some other useful commands if you want to grab detailed info

show ap name XXXX tag

show ap name XXXX tag detail

show ap config general

show ap config slot

show ap image

show ap cdp neighbors

show ap dot11 24ghz summary

show ap dot11 5ghz summary

PWJPW
Level 1
Level 1

We require the AP Name and the Base Radio MAC, that is all. Does show ap summary provide the radio MAC or just name?

Thanks

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will provide Radio MAC. Sample below

Screenshot 2022-01-19 160824.png

Perfect - is that safe to run when over 1000+ APs? How to get it without pagination etc.

Thanks

Rich R
VIP
VIP

"term len 0" turns off paging

Yes it should be fine.

Even of you use this, still it will list as pages. 10AP's per page. I would suggest to use filters like

sh ap summary | include  <some common part of the ap hostname> or other filters like exclude

Hi @Arshad Safrulla maybe that's something that's been fixed in later releases.  On 17.6.1 it definitely presents it as one long list as you would expect when using term len 0.  I've just checked to make absolutely sure.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Rich R  You are absolutely correct, I downgraded my LAB to 17.2.X to reproduce a bug, in that it was only 10 AP's per page. After upgrading the 17.3.4c it presents all as one long list. 

PWJPW
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the info.

j.rambeau
Level 1
Level 1

I wrote a script that does just that

https://github.com/jon639r/cisco-c9800-AP-inventory

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card