Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone X/Xr iOS 12 can't connect to Mobility Express Network Aironet 1815w

mhuebene
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I just set up a mobility express network in my home consisting of three 1815w APs.

Network works great, all laptops, macs, TVs, xbox, etc are seeing 400mb/s as expected...

HOWEVER...

The newer (X & Xr) iPhones in the home refuse to connect. They are running iOS 12, and say "unable to join network" or "wrong password" when trying to join. Sometimes they will join for a few seconds and then kick off. iPhone 7 has no problems connecting whatsoever.

Using WPA2 security.

I read somewhere about fast SSID switching being an issue, however I can't see that option in the ME GUI.

Please help!

3 Replies 3

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Hi There,

You will need to do it in the CLI

config network fast-ssid-change { enable | disable}

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/83/cmd-ref/me_cr_book/me_sys_mgmt_cli.html?bookSearch=true

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

Is it possible to do this without a physical controller? The network is just running off one of the APs being the master virtual controller.

What change you made to work iphone in mobility express APs ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: