cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is their a command to verify what mode a AP is in?

Mosasa
Level 1
Level 1

I know some AP's like the 1800 series I believe can either act as a mobility express(I'm honestly not to versed in this but welcome any explanation on this), Which in essence acts a WLC. Than theirs CAPWAP mode which is obv, then theirs the standalone type which I believe are the 1260 series(again I welcome any explanation.)

My question is. Is their a way to confirm which mode the AP is acting as? Is it in CAPWAP mode? Mobility express mode? etc....

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

For IOS based APs the autonomous software image has k9w7 in the name and the lightweight (CAPWAP) image has k9w8 in the name so "show ver" will tell you that straight away.
On COS (ClickOS) APs (starting wave 2 AC models and everything since then) "show ver" will tell you if it's an ME capable image, and whether ME is enabled.  If you login to an AP which is acting as ME you'll know straight away because you'll be logging in to the AireOS WLC cli - show sysinfo.
On the catalyst 9xxx APs ME is superseded by EWC which runs on IOS-XE so again "show ver" will show you what version of IOS-XE on the EWC AP and regular CAPWAP AP will simply show the AP code version it's running.
On 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

For IOS based APs the autonomous software image has k9w7 in the name and the lightweight (CAPWAP) image has k9w8 in the name so "show ver" will tell you that straight away.
On COS (ClickOS) APs (starting wave 2 AC models and everything since then) "show ver" will tell you if it's an ME capable image, and whether ME is enabled.  If you login to an AP which is acting as ME you'll know straight away because you'll be logging in to the AireOS WLC cli - show sysinfo.
On the catalyst 9xxx APs ME is superseded by EWC which runs on IOS-XE so again "show ver" will show you what version of IOS-XE on the EWC AP and regular CAPWAP AP will simply show the AP code version it's running.
On 

Thank you!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: