Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Admin for guest account creation - Automation of account creation

toontech2000
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

i'm sure the creation of guest accounts on the lobby admin page is a painful process for all involved - for us, it involves a process like this:

visitor asks for wifi > receptionist phones IT > IT creates account> IT phones receptionist with login details.

I would like to know whether it's possible to speed up this process either:

1) receptionist is able to click a few buttons, type the name of a visitor (so we know who used particular the guest ID), then is able to generate an ID and password immediately, which can then be printed onto a ticket printer of some sort.

2) visitor simply connects into the guest network, has to register (name and email) and automatically gets connected.

are any of these possible? or any other option I could take?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco ISE could be an option.

Please refer to the following link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_13/b_ise_admin_guide_sample_chapter_01111.html#task_C507171924F14575A678B7ED9309EE1C

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

Why not just have the receptionist create the account via the Lobby Admin login?  The point of Lobby Admin is such that an elevated end-user (receptionist/security/etc) can log in to create a guest account without having to interact with an "admin".  There's no point in having your IT staff handle the Lobby Admin logins.

Some of the other items you are asking for would be a better use-case with Cisco ISE solution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card