Helpful
Replies

local mode -> EWC mode

heyjunsun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

9115AP
IOS Version 17.9.4.27 (Recommended Version)
I have a 2 questiAs

far as I know, the original EWC-AP configuration is changed to EWC-mode after 3 minutes after booting to local mode, so it asks automatic configuration questions.on about.

Is there a command that can be manually changed to EWC mode?

One more question is that I rebooted after setting up EWC mode, but it went back to Backup image. I looked it up and found that if I don't find the existing IOS image, it will boot and go back to Backup Ios, is there a command to fix IOS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

4 Replies 4

@heyjunsun hi, refer this document

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

thank you 

I noticed that even if I tried to change to ewc mode, I needed a tftp server.

That's right - you must have a TFTP server to copy the files from.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

EWC image: When an EWC image is installed on an access point, it can operate as both a controller and an access point or as an access point alone.

To determine the image and capability on the access point, you can do a show version command on the AP CLI to determine the AP image type and AP configuration:

If the show version command does not display the AP image type and AP configuration parameters, it means the AP is running the CAPWAP image.

If the show version command displays the AP image type as EWC IMAGE and the AP configuration as EWC CAPABLE, it operates as both a controller and an access point. It participates in the active election process in case of a failover.

If the show version command shows the AP image type as EWC IMAGE and the AP configuration as NOT EWC CAPABLE, it operates only as an access point and does not participate in the active election process in case of a failover.

The following is sample input from the show version command:

Cisco C9117AXI-B  with 1927052/380724K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID KWC224709BU

AP Running Image     : 16.12.2

Primary Boot Image   : 16.12.2

Backup Boot Image    : 8.10.105.5

Primary Boot Image Hash:

Backup  Boot Image Hash:

AP Image type    : EWC IMAGE

AP Configuration : EWC CAPABLE

1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

2 802.11 Radios

Radio FW version : QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=WLAN.HK.1.0-03095-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1.198262.4.200256.9

NSS FW version : NSS.HK.H.CS.q_len512-E_custC

cisco C9117AXI-B  with 1927052/1296108K bytes of memory of memory.

Processor board ID RFDP2BCR021

AP Running Image : 16.12.2

Primary Boot Image : 16.12.2

Backup Boot Image : 8.10.105.5

AP Image type : EWC IMAGE

AP Configuration : NOT EWC CAPABLE

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

2 802.11 Radios

Radio FW version : 1401b63d121b073a3008aa67f0c039d0

NSS FW version : NSS.AK.1.0.c4-00O26-E_cust C-1. 24160.1

Refer: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-catalyst-access-points/white-paper-c11-743398.html

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card