cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP-3-REPLAY_ERR: [SA]spam_lrad.c:39933 The system has received replay error on slot 0, WLAN ID 3, count 4 from AP

dablakester
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, Could the above error, which I am getting off of every radio on nearly 100 APs, be because of Load Balancing? We are getting a lot of clients being kicked off and the logs are FULL of these errors - non stop. This link in Cisco... https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/message/guide/sysmsg80/lradsim_lwapp_msgs15.html#pgfId-1008440 ..refers to the following explanation and recommendation but no real explanation of how you check for replay errors. "Explanation The controller has received a replay error on the specified AP and WLAN. Recommended Action Check if there is a replay attack in the network." There are loads of posts on here regarding this error but no real answers. Can anybody help?
9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is the controller running on?

Hi. its running 8.1.102.0. 

Now that's a really buggy firmware. I suggest you upgrade to the latest 8.2.166.0, unless you use AP-COS with TKIP, in that case don't use 8.2.166.0. If you use AP-COS, go for 8.3.141.0.

@dablakester wrote:

Hi. its running 8.1.102.0.  

Zoinks!

And your controller didn't have any issue(s) until now?  I'm surprised the controller haven't crashed yet.

Thanks all.

Does anyone know what causes the replay errors though? Are these the cause of the client dropouts?

@dablakester wrote:

anyone know what causes the replay errors though? Are these the cause of the client dropouts?

Upgrade the firmware first.

Did that? Made no difference whatsoever.

Sorry - ignore the question mark :)

You did to which version?
Replay errors could also be a sign of low/bad signal reception.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card