Helpful
Replies

MAB on vWLC 8.10 + 802.1x

mishadib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

Is vWLC able to do MAC address Bypass?

I have an WLAN running [WPA2][Auth(802.1X + CCKM)]. I want to join to this WLAN some devices that don't support 802.1X (like ACs, TVs etc). All go to a guest vlan so they don't get access to the corporate network anyway. How I see the MAB is as follows : If the device has a MAC that is whitelisted it doesn't need to pass 802.1x. Is this correct? 

I found some cisco instructions for an embaded wlc running MAB but that is a total different case right? 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/wlc-mab-with-802-1x-authentication/td-p/3746601

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How I see the MAB is as follows : If the device has a MAC that is whitelisted it doesn't need to pass 802.1x. Is this correct? 

yes correct, it all depends on the order of operation configured on the Radius you using. and all the MAC address entries are in the List it validate and get authenticated.

Radius is key role here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card