Views
Helpful
Replies

Management interface IP Address change in 5508 WLC cluster

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Forum Team!

I need to move a Cisco 5508 WLC cluster from VLAN and that requires changing the management IP address of the cluster. My question is the following:

1. Does this require disabling SSO, breaking the cluster and re-configure both WLC's management interface and redundancy-management interface ip addresses?

Thanks in advanced for your support!

Regards,  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the best way would be to use the CLI. It would show the actual requirements.

>> Console in the WLC.

>> config redundancy mode disable (this will disable the SSO)

>> config interface address management <new IP> <new Mask> <gateway>

This may prompt you that the WLANs are enabled and are using this address. Then you need to run:

>> config wlan disable all  (to disable the WLANs)

>> Re-run the command: config interface address management <new IP> <new Mask> <gateway>

>> configure the IP of the redundancy management interface with:

config interface address redundancy-management <new IP > <new IP for the peer redundancy management interface>

This needs to be done on both of them using the console connection and then enable the SSO again as:

>> config redundancy mode sso

HTH, Cheers

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

My answer would be yes. The best way would be to disable SSO , change the IP addresses of management interfaces on both of them, configure the uplink switch interfaces accordingly (allowing desired VLANs and setting the native VLAN accordingly), re-enable the SSO. Since the redundancy management IP address needs to be in the same subnet as the mgmt. interface, you should also change that to the new VLAN.

Cheers,

Manish Mathur

Hello Manish and thanks for your reply;

WLC version is 7.6.120.0 and currently it would not allowed to change mgmt ip address since is greyed out. Should I need first to remove the mgmt ip from the WLAN/s it is being used?

Thanks again for your support.

Regards, 

I think the best way would be to use the CLI. It would show the actual requirements.

>> Console in the WLC.

>> config redundancy mode disable (this will disable the SSO)

>> config interface address management <new IP> <new Mask> <gateway>

This may prompt you that the WLANs are enabled and are using this address. Then you need to run:

>> config wlan disable all  (to disable the WLANs)

>> Re-run the command: config interface address management <new IP> <new Mask> <gateway>

>> configure the IP of the redundancy management interface with:

config interface address redundancy-management <new IP > <new IP for the peer redundancy management interface>

This needs to be done on both of them using the console connection and then enable the SSO again as:

>> config redundancy mode sso

HTH, Cheers

Manish

Excellent. Thanks for your support. 

Regards, 

Hi guys your Solution is fine, but since you disable all wlan IDs in the beginning add a line to enable all/needed WLAN IDs in the end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card