cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

maximum theoretical distance with air-cap3602i-a-k9?

cgonzalezlozada
Level 1
Level 1

What is the maximum theoretical distance with air-cap3602i-a-k9 with internal antenna?                

5 Replies 5

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, distance is subjective... What will it be communicating with, at which frequency, what is the minimum accepted data rate and is there clear line of site (including the fresnel zone)?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are in the middle of a wide open field, you have no physical obstacles around, no wireless from neighbors, no bluetooth, and all data rates are open.

In a single direction, you would get around 30 metres. 

Thanks Leo, before with technical specifications cisco before showing a field "range" indicating this theoretical scope, but not with this AP.

I think as Rik and Leo mention, it's a subjective measure.  There are too many variables, like the ones they mention, as well as the wide range of clients and their various receive thresholds for data rates.  Cisco likely discontinued any mention of client access range because of this.  Just checking the data sheets for the 1600/2600/3600 and they don't list ranges,just receive sensitivity thresholds per data rate/MCS.  To find the range in your environment the only real way is to do a full, proper active survey.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

If there is no obstacle then 30m in single direction.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card