cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

moving from 9800 Cloud to hardware, options?

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone been running on the VM/Cloud image of the 9800 and moved it onto an appliance? Due to 9 month supply chain issues, we deployed a 9800 VM. Hardware is here and can I just copy the VM's config (with minor modifications) onto the 9800-L-C-K9

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would stick to migrating the running-config (only) , of course you will have new management interface and a few others , and probably  addresses too which you need to change accordingly.

When nearing production stage  check  controller configuration  with (CLI) show tech wireless : have the output analyzed by https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

Look for hints and advisories , note use command as mentioned in green , do not use traditional show tech-support , for Wireless Analyzer.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes if the save version of code running, backup and restore should for you you.

is this part of SD-Access ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wouldn't suggest to copy and paste the configuration in to the new WLC unless you know what you are doing. I have addressed a similar post below, I would highly recommend you to read the below thread

Solved: Re: Cisco Migration from 9800-CL to C9800-80-K9 least downtime - Cisco Community

In summary;

• Interface names in 9800-CL and 9800-L-C is different, so you need to open a notepad and replace the interface names as per the new WLC.
  • This will be same case, if you have source interfaces for certain features (Radius, ssh etc.) configured, so you need to replace the interface name.
  • You need to install the certificates in the new WLC if you are using any custom certificates. Do not copy any other certificate from 9800-CL to 9800-L-C
  • Enable AP tag persistency or save the tags manually to all the AP's, if you are planning to use the same tag names across both the WLC's. This will save the headache of assigning the tags again to the AP in the new WLC.

Make sure that you upgrade the new WLC to match the existing WLC IOS-XE code if it is running the recommended code along with ROMMON. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card