Helpful
Replies

Need Help WLC 2504 Reset factory

Tadele Mekuria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am Tadele 

I need help soon possible, i am now try to configure  the WLC 2504 so in my management plan IP address didn't work so i want to try to reset but its not work the default address its not communicate with my laptop where as the console cable didn't get so please try to me help soon.

10 Replies 10

Jonas Kalldert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tadele

To factory reset a WLC 2504 you restart the WLC and connect a console cable. When you are prompted with the login you can enter "recover-config". The WLC will then reboot and remove all config.

Regards,

Jonas

@Jonas Kalldert

Thank you for your consideration.

The console  till now not read the controller

No problem,

I dont quite grasp what you wrote but console access is a must to reset the WLC.

Regards,

Jonas

Hi Jonas
I have done initial configuration with GUI.
But after initial configuration i cant access it with GUI via its management IP. I can't even access it though the console. The console CLI displays black screen. After troubleshooting for a some time, i reset it manually. However i can't access it even after resetting.   
FYI WLC 2504 has resetting button (hole).

Hi Tadele.

Do you get any console output during post?
The reset button (hole) is only for rebooting the WLC to factory reset you will need console access.

When the WLC is booted what colors do you have on the PWR, SYS and ALM lights?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/2500/quick/guide/ctr2504-qs.pdf

Hi Jonas,
There is no console output
The PWR and SYS LED are Solid Green and the ALM has no light (LED).

Hi,

Ok, verify that you have set up the serial interface on your PC.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/dial-access/asynchronous-connections/9321-terminal-settings.html

Easiest would be if you have a switch you can test the console on so you know that the console works on your PC.

If that works and you still don't get anything on the console during boot I would open a TAC case sense it sound like you may need to do a RMA.

regards,

Jonas

RMA the appliance.

Thank you for your consideration.

The console till now not read the controller

Whether the license certificate will be lost after AC reset button,My certificate may be a permanent certificate, I do not have a certificate backup。

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card