Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of SSID's on a H-REAP AP

vanderwaalr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the maximum number of WLANs/SSIDs that can be configured on a H-REAP access point?

I have a network with 3502i AP's, centralised WLC's in the data centre running 7.0.116.0, and WCS version 7.0.172.0.

I was successfully running 2 SSID's at a remote site, one SSID was configured for H-REAP local switching, dropping out to the local site VLAN X, and the other SSID was a central switching guest WLAN anchored to a WLC in a DMZ.

I configured a third SSID at the local site running H-REAP local switching, and now I cannot see the guest SSID anymore, it does not appear to be broadcasting.

Is there a maximum of 2 WLANs/SSIDs when operating in H-REAP mode?

The SSID's are configured as follows:

H-REAP SSID #1 is WPA2 AES 802.1x

H-REAP SSID #2 is WPA2 AES 802.1x

Guest SSID is WPA2 PSK + Layer 3 Web Authentication

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MAX WLAN or the SSID that u can go on a AP is 16... ur scenario should work unless there is a config issue!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MAX WLAN or the SSID that u can go on a AP is 16... ur scenario should work unless there is a config issue!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra,

Thanks for the response.  So the maximum number fo 16 doesn't matter if H-REAP mode is enabled or not, regardless of the AP and/or SSID mode, the maximum WLANs/SSIDs on an AP is 16?

For some reason I thought there was a limit on the number of SSIDs that could be enabled on an AP when the AP is in H-REAP mode.

Thanks.

Since ur using the latest, the SSID number doesnot matter..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

OK, thanks.  I guess it must be a configuration issue.

I'll go investigate.

Just to follow up for others out there.

In the end I had to remove the new WLAN/SSID mapping in the AP Groups section and then re-add it.  As soon as I did that, the SSID started broadcasting again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card