Views
Helpful
Replies

One Corporate WAN and a Guest in the same WLC

rubennunes
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon everyone,

So my colleague and i are trying to create two different networks in the same WLC, one corporate and one guest.

We already thought doing by these methods and where trying to get second opinions on how to do it:

- VLANS - We have a Router that will be plugged to a switch and that switch will have the Access Points connected to distribute the wireless networks. In between the router and the WLC we have a switch that doesnt support VLANS so this idea is thrown of the window.

- Putting another NIC in a computer and connecting the two NIC's to the Router.

Have you got any suggestions on the better way to doing this.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@rubennunes wrote:

In between the router and the WLC we have a switch that doesnt support VLANS

So this means that the everything is going to be in one-big-fat subnet.  

No, I'm not going to get involved in this.  

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do the switches connecting the APs and the router support VLANs?

If so Flexconnect mode APs and route the traffic seperatly. AP management ports in VLAN 1

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If we are talking just about a single switch, replace it by one that is manageable and supports VLANs or get a second switch for the guest network.
Every other solution will cause your users and guests to be in the same network and might have access to all the company data!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card