Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE on C9800-L is not working.

Atul Choudhary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am creating a test bed using IOS-XE Wireless controller C9800-L and C9120. I want to provide PoE to C9120 using port TwoGigabitEthernet0/0/0 of C9800-L but unable to find any documentation to enable PoE on C9800-L. I remember commands like "power inline static" which used to work on IOS and IOS-XE switches. Can you please help me how to enable PoE on C9800-L or if it possible or not?

Connections:

[C9800-L] (TwoGig0/0/0) ======= C9120

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connecting the C9120 directly to the C9800-L is not supported use a switch and or a switched network in between, on the switch activate LLDP , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Just to add to what Marce said - the 9800 WLC does not supply PoE at all.

The AP must get power from a power injector or a PoE switch and the switch must have CDP or LLDP enabled (not both) if it's a Cisco switch and if it's a non-Cisco switch then LLDP enabled as Marce mentioned. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connecting the C9120 directly to the C9800-L is not supported use a switch and or a switched network in between, on the switch activate LLDP , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Just to add to what Marce said - the 9800 WLC does not supply PoE at all.

The AP must get power from a power injector or a PoE switch and the switch must have CDP or LLDP enabled (not both) if it's a Cisco switch and if it's a non-Cisco switch then LLDP enabled as Marce mentioned. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card