cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.4 - newly joined APs not showing up and not adding to map

Michael Burk
Level 1
Level 1

I have odd situation where about half of some new installed APs are not showing up in Prime 3.4 inventory. In addition to this, the half that did get discovered from the controller cannot be added to the map. It acts as though they will be added but then it returns to the map page normally with no new access points.

The controller does show to be in sync and audit status shows Identical.

When we experienced this issue in the past a simple reboot of Prime resolved it, but that did not work this time.

APs are 3802i

WLC is 8540 8.3.143.0

Cisco Prime 3.4:

Build 3.4.0.0.348

Any ideas or anyone else experienced this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Burk
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions, after digging deeper into the root of ade-os, I found that space was full on /opt. doing an ncs cleanup got us up and going again. I hope this is helpful to anyone else that runs into the same issue. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Please patch PI.

Thanks Leo, We will try that and I will post the results :)

I'm afraid we patched it and still seeing the same issue. Any other ideas?
3.4.1 Update 2

Unless you have spent a LOT of time placing APs, remove the WLC from the Prime, wait ~15 minutes (that should also remove all APs, if not remove them manually too) and add the WLC again.

Michael Burk
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions, after digging deeper into the root of ade-os, I found that space was full on /opt. doing an ncs cleanup got us up and going again. I hope this is helpful to anyone else that runs into the same issue. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card