Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Radius and WLC.

Hi good morning.

I have a WLC to manage access to the network with AD credentials and also a gpo to manage the access, recently I had tried to change the Radius server in the confguration, I migrated the old configuration from the old radius server to the new server, but when I made the change I got the followings error(See screnshoot) and I search on the Raidus server but I dont find any logs, also I can ping the new radius server, I received the error the radius server failed to reply request ID(21,22 and others).

Do you any idea for solve that?

Best Regards,

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure WLC reachable to Radius Server, and WLC IP added in to new Radius Server ?

Do you have any FW  in between ? in the path WLC to radius, what other device involved, you need to check ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WLC radius config under WLAN ?

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Make sure your new radius server should be added on WLC with correct shared key.

788A233B-7DCF-4E00-8AD8-0A44565D8EF8.jpeg

new wireless lan controller keeps failing rdius authentication with errors like this

RADIUS server 10.x.x.x:1645 deactivated in global list

RADIUS server 10.x.x.x:1645 failed to respond to request (ID 65) for client 00:0b:6b:87:54:d2 /user ‘unknown’

the problem is 2 fold the cisco wireless lan controller radius configuration defaults to a time out of 2 seconds.

you can find this in security/radius/authentication/and your server

change that to 20 seconds

save your configuration

now ssh into the controller using putty or some other app.

run the following command

config radius aggressive-failover disable’

save your configuration and reboot the controller and you should have no more troubles with the radius authentication.

Pls rate all helpful post !!

pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Actually I have my WLC in 2 seconds, I will try with 20 seconds and I will tell you the results.

bsmagulov1
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card