cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIO_FC_NDP_STUCK

Hubert Kupper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have a 1532E outdoor AP with the following error: "802.11a/n' interface of AP associated to controller is down. Reason: Radio reset due to (27) Radio interface has been shutdown". Radio reset code 27 table shows "--not used--" as reason. The AP is running with software version 8.5.151.0

After rebooting the AP the 802.11a/n interface is enable for a couple of hours until the next shutdown with the error code 27.

What can be the reason?

Regards, Hubert

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The document below says the particular error code is used ; anyway such issues are usually attributed to software bugs , try more recent release if applicable  :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-3700-series/117869-technote-ap-00.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Reset Code # Reset Code Radio Reset Reason

27RADIO_FC_NDP_STUCK

--not used--

;-)

The software release is 8.5.151.0 a upgrade to 8.10 or 8.8 is not practicable, because failover with wlc 5520 and wlc 5508 controllers which don't support > 8.5.

Hubert

-  I saw it , but it indicates a confirmation to my initial opinion; if the problem becomes urgent you may need to phase out the 5508 , or have a test-environment first to check that later releases do indeed resolve this issue.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok, which software version would you prefer?

- I am only advising regarding the platforms you are currently using ; we are stuck on a 5508 platform, but in the near future we don't yet have an immediate  need to replace it.

M.

Hi, I upgraded the controller to version 8.10.105.0 but the same problems occours.

- Contact CISCO (TAC)

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card