Views
Helpful
Replies

Radioactive trace - CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_AP_DELETE_MN

Waltorres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I just deployed multiple about 40 APs (9120/30) Flexconnect WLC 9800.

Several clients (Apple) are reporting disconnections, uppon a review of their Radioactive logs found a common denominator:

2020/12/14 19:45:08.125 {wncd_x_R0-2}{1}: [client-orch-sm] [21163]: (note): MAC: 086d.41b8.309e Client delete initiated. Reason: CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_AP_DELETE_MN, fsm-state transition 00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|00|89|8b|8d|8e|30|3f|40|42|43|48|55|57|67|80|

Does anyone knows what this is and if it may be related to my issue.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely this is a bug, I tried to search if we have any known bug related couldn’t find anything.

I advise you to open a TAC Case and let the TAC engineer collect the needed data and file a new bug.

If you have that deployment on a bigger scale then you may start seeing IP_Theft problems since the AP is not reporting the deleted client to the WLC and the WLC will keep the client in its database so if the DHCP assign same IP address to different client then the WLC will report it as IP Theft even if you disable that check from the WLC.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide more information?  What type of security are you using on the SSID's?  What iOS version are these devices on?  Is the issue with Apple devices on the same version or no?  Is the issue more when they roam from on ap to another?  The debug you provided is short and doesn't really provide much at all.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Absolutely,

SSID WPA2/AES

apple macBook Pro and Air - all devices running macOS Catalina.

No roamming when issue reported.

I'm attaching a longer trace of the same client

Okay so I have the same setup at home and running WPA2/AES with PSK and also 802.1x.  I have a macbook pro and a macbook air with no issues at all.  Was running Catilina and now Big Sur.  I have 4800's, 9120's and 1815w's in my environment.  Maybe take a look at your configuration on your WLAN and see what features you have enabled or was enabled by default and make one change at a time.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. I'm upgrading my network from 3800s to 9120/30 and never had this error before CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_AP_DELETE_MN.

Do you know what "AP_DELETE_MN_ means?

Which version are you running on the controller? 

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely this is a bug, I tried to search if we have any known bug related couldn’t find anything.

I advise you to open a TAC Case and let the TAC engineer collect the needed data and file a new bug.

If you have that deployment on a bigger scale then you may start seeing IP_Theft problems since the AP is not reporting the deleted client to the WLC and the WLC will keep the client in its database so if the DHCP assign same IP address to different client then the WLC will report it as IP Theft even if you disable that check from the WLC.

T.Igor
Level 1
Level 1

Please check the IPv4 DHCP Required check box: Configuration > Tags &Profiles > Policy > Your Policy > DHCP.

It looks like the your client has fixed IP and the Policy configured to DHCP Required. So the AP kick the client with fixed IP off.

tried.not working out

Jaroslav Ksinan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

according to Cisco documentation about delete reasons (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/client-delete-reasons/), it could be normal behavior:

JaroslavKsinan_0-1715971745629.png

Do AP logs say something relevant about these deletes? As per Cisco documentation, I'd try to run client debug on the AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card