Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule reboot of a specific AP

rubennunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I have been searching for a while but with no findings i will try to ask myself, is it possible to schedule a reboot of a single Access Point that is connected to a WLC?

The only thing that i find is to reset all AP's with the comand reset-aps.

Does anyone knows if it is possible?

Thanks for the help!

7 Replies 7

ANDREAS LIEBE
Level 1
Level 1

to immediately reset an AP you can use

config ap reset <ap>

If you want to schedule a reboot at a specific, you could use a scheduled task on PI, write a small script to reset the AP by cron/SNMP or use EEM on the switch to shutdown/no shutdown the port of the AP at a specific time.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can do this 2 ways:

Prime Infrastructure Scheduled task

Script to run the command via the WLC CLI

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Could you please help us know how we can schedule through prime infrastructure.

and also the script if we have to reboot multiple ap's.

I have Prime 3.7 and a Cisco 5520 WLC and I want create a template to push a config to all the AP's at a certain day and time how do I do this?

Create a template with your configuration change, then under Configuration -> Templates -> Scheduled Configuration Task you can configure a deployment schedule for this template.

Thank You

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remote into the AP and issue the command "reload AT <TIME>".
WARNING: WLC firmware 8.8.111.0 has a bug with the "reload at" and/or "reload in". When the command is used, the AP will reboot immediately (refer to CSCvk55805).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card