cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single sign-on (SSO), Active Directory (AD), Cisco Wireless Controller

Mahadi Hasan
Level 1
Level 1
What is the exact process of single sign-on (SSO) using Active Directory (AD) for Cisco wireless controller 9800 (WLC)?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The WLC just uses the configured authentication service to authenticate the user.

Single sign-on is a generic umbrella term for using a single central source of identity/authentication (eg AD) for multiple different services consumed by users so that's entirely up to you - nothing to do with the WLC.

Using LDAP to authenticate WiFi users to AD is an example of implementing a single sign-on solution because you're using a single userid to authenticate Windows and WiFi users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have RADIUS or TACACS server like Cisco ISE, if yes then follow this posts:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/214490-configure-radius-and-tacacs-for-gui-and.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thank you for your response! It was really very helpful .You asked if we have RADIUS or TACACS server. But unfortunately we have none of them. In this project we have microsoft active directory already in the production and our plan is to integrating WLC 9800 with that active directory with Single Sing-on service.I think LDAP is also needed here. can you please share more info about this ?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/216744-configuring-catalyst-9800-wlc-with-ldap.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for your wonderful response! AD and LDAP integration process with WLC9800 is clearly showed in the given document! But there is no information including Single Sign-on service. Can you share about this? 

The WLC just uses the configured authentication service to authenticate the user.

Single sign-on is a generic umbrella term for using a single central source of identity/authentication (eg AD) for multiple different services consumed by users so that's entirely up to you - nothing to do with the WLC.

Using LDAP to authenticate WiFi users to AD is an example of implementing a single sign-on solution because you're using a single userid to authenticate Windows and WiFi users.

Mahadi Hasan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response! So I'm trying to enable AD authentication  for wlc and will share the further update!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card