cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to place a SSID into 5Ghz only via CLI

JWHolm81891
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble trying to find a CLI command that will let me config a WLAN/SSID into 5Ghz only: 

Radio Policy                                   : 802.11a only

I've tried the GUI disableing the 2.4, but I'm still getting: 

Operational State of Radio Bands

2.4ghz                                     : UP

5ghz                                       : UP

6ghz                                       : DOWN (Required config: Disable WPA2 and Enable WPA3 & dot11ax)

How can I configure this for 802.11a only and get that in my config output for confirmation? 

17 Replies 17

Under the SSID, these are the two commands to have either 2.4GHz or 5GHz enabled or disabled.  You might be running into some bug on the code you are one.  On the command line, just make sure the one in bold is present and the other is not.  Can you confirm with a laptop configured for 2.4ghz only or a tool to validate if 2.4GHz is broadcasting the SSID or not?

radio policy dot11 24ghz

radio policy dot11 5ghz

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Easiest way to do this is create a new 2.4GHz RF profile, keep it in shut it down state. And then create a new RF TAG attach this RF profile which is in shutdown state and the 5GHz RF profile which is customized as per your requirements and in enabled state.

Once you assign this RF Tag to the AP, you will see that slot 0 is in shutdown state.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Notwithstanding your band problems (I'll stay out of that discussion) - you're using WPA1 ! 
Presume you realise WPA1 is now considered insecure as it's really easy to crack?  You should be using WPA2 minimum.

"I don't seem to have that disable Wifi 6 option" - I think you mean the 6 GHz which is WiFi 6E (WiFi 6 is 802.11ax).  You'll only see that for APs which are 6E capable - the latest models with 17.9+ IOS-XE.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card