cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade legacy equipment - recommendations

bruno.medrado
Level 1
Level 1

I have in the environment where I manage some legacy equipment. My question is: what is the latest recommended version to update controllers and APs and where can I get these updates to download?

Versions follow:

Controllers: Model 2504, Current Version: 7.6.130.0

APs: Model 2602I-T-K9, Current Version: 15.3.3-JF15

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can not directly upgrade from 7.X to 8.5

you need to go to 7.X  to 8.2.X ... then 8.5

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn85mr4.html

Note: Make Sure your AP's are compatible with 8.5 Code - check the compatibility before you upgrade controllers.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm a beginner and normally a partner who took care of these matters. If you can (have the time and patience) to detail a little more how this operation should be. I couldn't find, not at least clearly for me, the versions supported by my APs and controllers, can you help me with that too? Up to which version can I update and how should I proceed with this update? Always from one version to one?

Are you looking upgrade steps :?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, something like this

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Future path for controller is the 9800  platform with it's variants , you may for instance start with virtual/cloud controller , for access points browse from here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/access-point-controller-selector.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card