Views
Helpful
Replies

User level

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 9800 controller 16.12
in it I have some SSIDs configured with MAC filtering.

I want to create a user that can only register MAC.

I've been checking and I only see admin, monitoring and lobby level.

And none of them do what I want.

Is there a way to create the type of user I want ???

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I want to create a user that can only register MAC.  - is this end user device like to use MAC Authentication ? ( do you have ISE or Radius in place ?) ( i believe you can do with MAB authentication(

I've been checking and I only see admin, monitoring and lobby level.   - this is local users to manage the device (that is what iam guessing where you looking- based on the information).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

No, I don't have ISE

If you do not have RADIUS / TACACS, you need to manually allow what user need to use command, (that will be more admin task and hard to maintain in each device)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need TACACS+, Enable TACACS for user and command authentication. But I don't think this can be done via GUI, but from CLI you can give a try.

In ISE you can limit the commands allowed for that particular user or group. I have not done myself as none of the WLC's I manage or support have this requirement, please let us know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card