- VLAN 1(default), ID: 1

- VLAN 100, ID 2

- VLAN 110, ID 3

- VLAN 130, ID 4

and on the WLC there are 3 WLAN configured:

- WLAN 100, ID 1

- WLAN 110, ID 2

- WLAN 130, ID 3

Should there be a WLAN 1 (default) as well?

And as on all the other ones the Vland ID always starts with the Default one with VLAN ID 1, is it a problem if on the WLC the WLAN start with the 100 and Vland ID 1?

Thanks for any feedback!

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco device Switches default is vlan 1. so you need to more focus on the VLAN required 100,110,130

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

sure, thanks. but no need to have a (default) WLAN 1 on the WLC to mirror what is on the router/switch already?

As per my understand and information -  not required.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The ME WLC only supports the native, untagged, default VLAN - in your case VLAN 1.  It does not support VLANs because it only support flexconnect local switching.
The ME AP supports VLANs, where they are required for flexconnect local switching (not mandatory though if everything only uses the default/native vlan).  The ID you assign to your WLANs is unrelated to the VLAN ID.  They can be the same if you want or they can be different - all that matters is that each WLAN is mapped to the correct VLAN.  More than one WLAN can even be mapped to the same VLAN.

thank you @Rich R 

where in particular do you on the WLC to setup/map the WLANs to the correct VLAN etc. Looked around but could not find anything.

As per the guide @balaji.bandi provided the link for - it's the VLAN & Firewall tab of the WLAN setup.

I can't sea one, at least is not active. Maybe needs to be enabled from somewhere else or via some other settings?

Well I don't have an ME to look so can only go by those docs.  Maybe they moved the location of that config in different versions - you'll have to look for it or use CLI.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01101.html#id_19701

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card