kirankumarhm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

my environment:

WiSM 7.0 with LAP's connected.(1252)

WCS 7.0 managing the WiSM's

I have integrated WCS 7.0 with MSE 6.0.75, it shows as successfull,

MSE shows 5K license permanent. all WCS Maps and controllers are sync with MSE (assigned)

but now I am unable to track my wireless clients (laptops, Wireless IP Phones) as well as Access point location.

when ever i click access points or wireless clients from the maps windows it throws me a message

"there are no clients on this floor. either you don't have any MSE which locates clients or none of your MSE detected any clients on this floor."

i would like to know does clients (IP Address or MAC) has to be reachable till MSE or WCS  to track them ?

if yes, how do I validate the same from WCS or MSE.

I have also enabled the filtering parameters and notification settings on the MSE.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

I am not an MSE expert. But WCS 7.0 is compatible with MSE 7.0. only. You need to keep all your wireless devices on same major software releases. Then it should work. MSE is basically collecting all details from the ccontroller. Once MSE is integrated fine with the WLC and WCS, it should get all details about clients irrespective of it being able to reach the clients itself.

regards

Joe

Gr8 Joe... you are correct...

I just did upgrade of my MSE to 7.x version and now i am able to sync and able to see the clients on the WCS map..

Thanks again

Good to know that it worked... please mark it as answered.

regards

Joe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card