cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP not assigning IP Address to (NEW) clients

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I have (7) Cisco 2602i lightweight access points that are connected to (4) different 3650 switches and another switch as the controller. We have a /16 network and I wasn't sure how to correctly setup the DHCP scope on the dhcp server, so I have the wireless controller acting as the dhcp server and using option 82. At our other business location, I have (8) of these setup and are running correctly. I did setup a dhcp scope according to how their Router had the IP address specified. My location does not have anything setup on our router for the wireless.

I have all the switch ports setup the same, where the AP's are connecting, and notice that (2) AP's will not assign an ip adderess to a new-never before client and on the Wireless controller it shows that the client is in the IPLEARN state.

Now, if I take the client out to the shop by a different access point, it assigns an IP right away. 

For these (2) AP's I did reset back to the Cisco default and it made no difference. The other (5) access points I purchased as a bundle and were all brand new and do have the exact O/S version, same models, etc.

Is it maybe something on the configuration for the (2) switches that is different?

fyi; Snooping is disabled on all the switches, please see the attached.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In that case check again the VLAN mapping and assigned interfaces to the SSID.
I sadly don't really have knowledge with converged access and can't help you any further than this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I've never worked with the 3650, but are those AP running in Flexconnect?
If yes, do those switches allow the required VLANs for the client?

Here's what it shows for the Flexconnect

WAP2#sh capwap reap status
VLAN - root hwidb:GigabitEthernet0 global BVI:NULL

VlanID BrgGrp Type Routed Active
---------------------------------------------

AP Mode: Non-REAP, Connected
Radar detected on:

Yes, the switches do allow access to the specific vlans that are setup. There are many wired clients connected to the (2) switches access the same vlan for data.

Thank you

In that case check again the VLAN mapping and assigned interfaces to the SSID.
I sadly don't really have knowledge with converged access and can't help you any further than this.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card