Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Users got disconnected after 24 Hours

Hi Folks,

We have Cisco Aironet 1850 Series Mobility Express Access Points running 8.5.131.0 version. One of the AP is acting as wireless controller.

Since few days, every 24 hours there is a Yellow mark in user's wireless network stating that there is no internet connectivity. Restarting controller fixes the issue temporarily however, the issue arises again exact after 24 hours. For instance, if controller restarted at 10:00AM than next day issue arises exact at 10:00AM.

As per log, hostapd: disassociated due to inactivity. 

As per Cisco, this is a bug in 8.3.104.70 and workaround is to restart AP but we have 8.5.131.0 version that I suspect does not fall under this bug category. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc06325/?rfs=iqvred

Does anyone gone through this ? Any thought?.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Did you try increasing the session timeout for the particular WLAN ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Must be a BUG. Contact cisco TAC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

try upgrading to the 8.5 or 8.8 trains and seeing if the issue is resolved.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

He is already on 8.5.131.0. Anyway, I suggest you upgrade to 8.5.151.0, which fixes many other bugs.

Updated to Cisco suggested version (8.5.140.0) however, same issue. Let me try to update your suggested one and check.

Also make sure that you haven't configured the session timeout under the SSID - Advanced configuration.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card