Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN LLDP capability not sent by an AIR-AP2802I-E-K9

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you explain to me why a Cisco AP AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 doesn't send WLAN capability through LLDP TLV type 7 ? Just "bridge" capability is actually sent.

Jave_0-1701098664505.png

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

Amazing that Cisco hasn't implemented this natively. Never seen this from other manufacturers. Thanks for the help.

Regards.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post complete boot log of AP from the time Power on AP, what Code running in it ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

AP model is: AIR-AP2802I-E-K9

Cisco AP Software, ap3g3-k9w8 Version: 17.9.4.27

I'm going to retrieving boot log.

Jave

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

And this is the boot log of one of our AP....

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

So ? Any idea ? Because a such behaviour is very damaging for well recognize AP via cdp/lldp neighborough...

It works perfectly well as an AP like that.  If you happen to be using that TLV then you might be out of luck.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use latest available software for the AP , and check if that can help , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I think that's just the way Cisco designed it to work.

You could try 9800 with latest software and see whether that's any different but otherwise it will be a feature enhancement request via your Cisco account team.

I looked at a 9105 running 17.9.4.206 and it's still the same so I think it's safe to assume that Cisco have never implemented that on their APs.  So it will definitely be a feature enhancement request.  You should discuss with your Cisco account team if you really need it.

Jave
Level 1
Level 1

Amazing that Cisco hasn't implemented this natively. Never seen this from other manufacturers. Thanks for the help.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card