cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-2504 APs' are now rogue

joseph.ashley
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks, I've work for a small college. I have seven Cisco Aironet 1142 APs' in my network. They have been working fine forever, but this morning I came to work and wireless is down. In the controller, all the APs are showing as rogue, and I'm at a loss on how to get this resolved. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joseph.ashley
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the controller software to 8.3.143.0, disabled NTP, changed the controller date/time to a day prior to the cert expiration and was able to adopt the aps' which then got the updated software pushed to them from the controller. Everything is working now. Thanks for the help!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not sure we have not seen this issue before :

1. can you post show the version code running on WLC

2. can you turn off one of AP and see if that works as expected ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Software version: 8.0.120.0

I have rebooted the controller and the APs. It didn't resolve the issue

@joseph.ashley wrote:

Software version: 8.0.120.0

8.0.120.0 is one of the affected version to the FN that @marce1000 posted.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could be hitting this one : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Georg,

Attached is a screenshot. Not sure how to interpret it thoughScreenshot 2022-07-06 135313.png

joseph.ashley
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the controller software to 8.3.143.0, disabled NTP, changed the controller date/time to a day prior to the cert expiration and was able to adopt the aps' which then got the updated software pushed to them from the controller. Everything is working now. Thanks for the help!!

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If you're using 8.3 you should upgrade to the last 8.3 release 8.3.150.0
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn83mr5.html#resolved_caveats

Of course this whole lot is very old so you need to start thinking about replacement ...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card