Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5.2.0.193 troubleshoot AP join

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have one WLC 4400 with initial version 5.0.148  that i  have upgraded to version 5.2.193 in past.

Before upgrade  to 5.2.193 I have one AP1132AG that  in past was registered to WLC in version 5.0.148 but i need them to do some tests in standalone mode so i have converted to IOS and is not connected to WLC in upgrade.

Now that my tests are finished i convert this AP again to LWAPP image (with help of LWAPP conversion Tool). WLC is in a new version 5.2.193)   AP can't join to controller i can see them in WLC GUI  under ALL AP's downloading software and then reloads and continue this all the time.

I have connected to this AP console and i saw that saying during download process LWAPP image 5.0.148  .Shouldn't be 5.2.193?

There any command to delete/reset in WLC AP's "configs"  that tey have been registered to WLC in past? 

PS:I have already erased flash of AP and installed clean LWAPP image.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is an issue I've seen a few times in the 5.x releases.

No root cause identified but I always worked around it by reimaging the WLC. Re-image it to 5.0 and then to 5.2 again. It should do the trick.

My 2 cents

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if this behavior will also happens with new AP's?

Do you konw if i upgrade to release 6.X or 7.X it solves problem?

Thanks

Best Regards

MC

6.x OR 7.x is vastly better to 5.X but 7.X is promising.

sgoumans
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I have also seen this in earlier WLC codes with the AIR-LAP1131AG's.  The only time I have seen AP join issue with the 7.x code is when the AP as reverted to the base factory code.   I had to bring it to a 6.x level first before going to 7.x (Rare Cases with the 1131AG)

If the AP is not responding to code uploads and your Smart Net is up to date you might want to involve Cisco TAC for an RMA

Also when using 7.x code the AP's will now join as CAPWAP. 

Is there a specific reason why your still using the WLC 5.2.0.x code??

Thanks

Stew

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card