cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 9800 not open interface in Edit Radios 2.4 Ghz

SAMM LEE
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to modify the configuration of the 2.4GHz radios in the APs, the gui interface does not open, it keeps loading... in the 5 Ghz band it does load.  has this ever happened to anyone? 

is tested in other browsers and the same thing happens,

VicLee_0-1685375173041.png

VicLee_1-1685374971605.png

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

1) What is the controller model and software version
  2) You may want to investigate available system resources using these commands :
            show platform resources
              show processes cpu platform sorted | ex 0%      0%      0%
              show platform hardware chassis active qfp datapath utilization | i load
              show processes memory platform sorted
              show processes memory platform accounting

3)  Have a checkup review of the current controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless ; have the output analyzed with 
                              https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

4) You may also check if this problem persists if you reboot the controller

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce. Attached is the output of the commands... what is curious is that it only happens with 2.4 Ghz radios.. Before restarting I would like to exhaust more resources. version is 17.3.4c

- Ok , resources look good , don't forget to run the WirelessAnalyzer procedure too  (item 3)  which analyzes the controller configuration , also post the model(s) of the involved APs and check if they have the 2Ghz radio enabled , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the controller running on?

He said 17.3.4c @Leo Laohoo !
Upgrade to 17.6.5 or 17.9.3 as per TAC recommended below.
17.3 is approaching end of life and 17.3.4c in particular is already rather dated!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try with a different browser.

@Leo Laohoo he said "is tested in other browsers and the same thing happens" so I guess he's already tried that.

@SAMM LEE have you followed the best practice guidelines (below) and checked your config with the analyzer as already advised by @marce1000 ?  In particular:
WebUI uses VTY lines for processing HTTP requests. At times, when multiple connections are open, the default number of VTY lines of 15 set by the device might get exhausted. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you increase the number of VTY lines to 50. Use the following configuration commands to do this:
C9800#config t
C9800(config)#line vty 5-50
Another best practice is to configure the service tcp-keepalives to monitor the TCP connection to the  box:
C9800(config)#service tcp-keepalives in
C9800(config)#service tcp-keepalives out

And don't forget you can always use the CLI to configure the WLC even if GUI doesn't work, and CLI is much quicker.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card